I don’t know how I got so lucky, but this spring I have TWO fabulous interns working with me! Cassie Winkert is one of those lovely ladies, and I’m so excited to introduce you all to her!
Everyone say hello to Cassie!
- Give us a 30-second introduction: Hi! My name is Cassie, but don’t be too surprised if I answer to “Casey” because people often (mistakenly) call me that! I am a believer in Jesus Christ and a lover of all things beautiful. By day, I work on a military base as a technical editor and correspondence analyst. Outside of my work day, I love anything that requires creativity. I like to spend my free time improvising on the piano, singing, reading a good book, doodling with a calligraphy pen on every blank piece of paper I can find (in almost every work meeting!), finding a new hiking trail or coffee shop, and spending quality time with my family and friends.
- What brought you to HBP? I found this internship opportunity with HBP through a couple of friends in the wedding industry. For the past year, I have been dreaming up a few new adventures – one of which was to explore photography as a creative outlet. When presented with the idea of applying for this internship, I never thought in a million years that it would become a reality. As someone who is new to photography, I am beyond honored to have the opportunity to work with someone as knowledgeable and established as Hannah but also incredibly genuine and is a true joy to be around!
- What are you most excited to do as an intern? As an intern, I am so thrilled that I am able to work alongside Hannah to learn all the moving parts of her business from client management to wedding and engagement shoots and her editing style. I have dreams of one day leaving my day job for a career in the wedding industry, so it is really exciting to be taking this step forward in that direction!
- What inspires you? I am inspired by people, their stories, and the everyday beauty that is around us. I love to listening to people talk about their passions and dreams and what has made them who they are. I love that life can be messy but beautiful at the same time. I am constantly reminded that it’s the little things in life that truly make up the big things.
- Three of your favorite things? A deep conversation over a cup of coffee, driving with the windows down on a sunny day, and unrestrained laughter.
- Your drink of choice? For coffee, it’s definitely a soy cappuccino. But you also can’t go wrong with some sangria on a summer day!
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I don’t know how people answer this question! I want to travel the world and see EVERYTHING! But if I had to choose, I would probably pick Greece. The clear water and beaches, the vibrant colors, the delicious food – definitely my kind of place.
- Favorite color? Mauve, sage, and various shades of blue-grey, in no particular order. I couldn’t pick just one!
- Someone would be surprised to know: People are often surprised to find out that I am half Indian because I don’t really look like it (at least I don’t think so)!
- Where can people find you? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CassaFrass09 / Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cassiebethwinks/ / Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cassafrass09/ /